Weird Arkansas Law
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
- Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
- The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.
- Arkansas must be pronounced "Arkansaw"
- A voter is only allowed five minutes to mark his ballot.
- Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.
- It is illegal to kill "any living creature".
- It is unlawful to walk one's cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday.
- No person shall sound the horn on a vechicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 P.M. -Little Rock City Code Sec. 18-54
- Flirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.